Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gaming and Virtual Environments

Sadly I was unable to attend any of the 'drop in' sessions related to gaming. From my readings, it sounds like they were a lot of fun and a big success. I did attempt to join Second Life. I had first heard about Second Life while listening to CBC radio about six months ago and although the interview caught my interest and I was curious, I hadn't pursued it at that time. I decided that week ten's assignment was the perfect opportunity for me to check it out. I submitted all of the information, selected a name for myself(couldn't resist the surname MILLS) and chose an avatar. Unfortunately, I could not run the program on my computer(2 years old)??? I did read a few of the related articles posted on the Second Life homepage and I will make a Second Attempt at Second Life soon.

No comments: