Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Happy Face

It was very rewarding to check the Emerging Technologies participant blogs and find a smiley face beside my blog's title. It isn't because I am happy that the program is over though, quite the contrary. This mini course was the best learning experience I have had on the internet and I would gladly continue on with it indefinitely if it were possible(no incentives required). I feel very fortunate to have been permitted to take part in this program and I am extremely grateful to the Emerging Technologies Team for all the time, effort and expertise that went into making this course so worthwhile.
The activities were well thought out, presented in a nonthreatening, fun format, and divided into bitesized chunks that were easy to swallow. I always felt challenged but I never felt overwhelmed. Over the course of the next few weeks I hope to revisit some of the activities and explore some of the enrichment readings that the team made available but which I was unable to get to during the regular course of events.
Here's a spin off bonus that perhaps no one on the team anticipated - the Web 2.0 Technologies program has brought me closer to my children. We now have another shared interest which we can discuss. It was my daughter who forwarded me the 'grocery store spoof' of web2.0 technologies because she knew that I would NOW be able to appreciate the references in the humour.
The drop-in sessions were a great addition. The team was always accessible. There was an attitude of 'there are no stupid questions' (thankfully). The learning was fun! .... I could go on and on.
I will conclude by simply saying THANK YOU to Amanda and the team. You have made a difference.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I think it's great you finished the course mum. you deserve the smiley face.