Saturday, May 5, 2007

Bookmarkleting Morris

This was so much easier than I had imagined. It was a simple matter to install Morris Bookmarklet using an executable file on Internet Explorer. I am amazed with its performance. It was one thing to read that "bookmarklets are bits of javascript code that are embedded into the URL of a 'favourite' which performs an action(such as searching a database from another website)", but it was quite another thing to actually see it in action. There was a definite 'close to home WOW factor' involved. I'm impressed with the work of Wiktor Rzeczkowski. I was able to search Morris by highlighting excerpts from several different websites and the results were impressive. So far I have been experimenting using a Subject search but I can see where Author, Journal, Title, and Keyword searches could also be useful. I think this is a very valuable tool. I guess the ET team have been saving the best for the last. I know I will use the Morris Bookmarklet often.

No comments: